22 October, 2018

SCARY READS || Day 1


With Halloween fast approaching today we excitingly open the
Ten Days of Halloween event! 

And we kick it off with nothing less than Scary Books!

Only 10 days till Halloween!

Hannah's Pick
Bird Box by Josh Malerman
If you get a chance definitely go for an audiobook because oh boy does this book still give me creeps! Basically it's about the future where some kind of creatures come from Siberia and those who see them go mad and kill themselves. Solution? Wear a blinder. But it means now you dependent on your hearing and what if a monster is just a step away from you and you have no idea? The survivors hang a cage with birds by their door and once somebody comes near these birds start to make a lot of noise. So once a creature is creeping around your covered windows you know they are there...So what do you do? You run? You use dogs as your eyes that essentially also go mad? Brr. Highly advise having your lights on while reading this amazing book! 




                                                                                 Laura's Pick
                                           Hannibal Lecter series by Thomas Harris
First of all, this is a series of 4 books that inspired the movies and tv show of Hannibal Lecter. Who doesn't know this character? We all do. However, not a lot of people have read the books so I'm here to recommend them all. I suggest you read the books and then watch the tv show and the movies instead of the other way around since the books provide more insight to Hannibal's mind and character. I must also say the best books are 1 and 2 (but shhh it's a secret). If you want a familiar spooky, really crazy character go for this one. Hannibal has a lot to offer, specially some human meat burgers. Perfect to have nightmares all night long in Halloween.




Martyna's Pick
Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury
If you are a strange person, who is fascinated by circuses or carnivals to the point where you think they are all either magical or creepy or magically creepy this book is for you! It has it all, friendship and most importantly the creepy vibes of the unknown, the feeling that literally something is coming but you just don't know when or from who! I had a blast listening to the audio-book, the actor's voice was on point and I am not lying saying this but at times all I did was just sit still looking to one place and just waiting and waiting for what is about to happen! The moment leading to the big events are so full off suspense that it literally stops your heart and blood for a moment! It's fun, it's scary, it's crazy and you will love it all!





                                                                              Quinn's Pick
                                                                 I, Zombie by Hugh Howey
I always liked horror books, even if I never felt very keen to watch horror movies. But to find a truly scary book is not that easy, for I have read many, but the scariest I ever read happened mere months ago. Hugh Howey I knew as the author who wrote a mediocre apocalyptic or dystopian book series that I did not like, and yet I didn't realize I'm taking his book. I might not have picked up "I, Zombie" if I did. Therefore I am very glad I am so forgetful! This was a terrifying read about a zombie apocalypse told from zombie perspective. People, with their minds, trapped in bodies controlled in full by zombie virus. Here they are, screaming soundlessly inside their heads, as their bodies follow the sweet scent of uninfected human flesh. Broken bones? No big deal for the body, and their agony doesn't slow them down one bit. And if that's not enough to scare you, just read the very end of it, the final heartbeat of this virus, and the loss!


HAPPY
HALLOWEEN
AND
 HAVE A SPOOKY READING

0 comments:

Post a Comment