02 July, 2018

MONDAY TRAVELS: THE PERIOD POEM by Dominique Christina



Happy Monday friends! I hope you packed light and got some party clothes, cause this Monday we are one more embarking on a journey!

So today we are in America and we will explore:

THE PERIOD POEM




American poet and writer Maya Angelou: 
Dominique Christina ( 22, 1974)is a writer and activist. She holds four national titles in the three years she has been competing in slam, including the 2012 Women of the World Slam Champion and 2011 National Poetry Slam Champion. She is presently the only person to have held two national titles at one time. Her work is greatly influenced by her family's legacy in the Civil Rights Movement.
Her writing is a celebration of that.
Poem:




Thoughts:

A little different approach to Monday Travels. I want to share a video with you guys, a video of a strong and very important poem.

A video, that should be seen, the poem should be heard and understood and held as a speech of female empowerment!

I cried listening to this poem, so many times. I take back all the tears I shed for the times my period bled through, all the times I was emberresed by it.

I will take it as a mark and connection point to all my sisters.

I hope you will enjoy this poem as much as I did.

See you next Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment