13 November, 2015

REVIEW: SOME GIRLS BITE by Chloe Neill


Title: Some Girls Bite
Author: Chloe Neill
Series: Chicagoland Vampires #1
Genres: NA, Fantasy, Paranormal
Publisher: Orion Publishing
Source: Physical copy
Pages: 341

Add to GoodReads // Buy on BookDepository

SYNOPSIS: They killed me. They healed me. They changed me.

Sure, the life of a graduate student wasn’t exactly glamorous, but I was doing fine until Chicago’s vampires announced their existence to the world. When a rogue vampire attacked me, I was lucky he only got a sip. Another bloodsucker scared him off and decided the best way to save my life was to make me the walking undead.

Now I’ve traded sweating over my thesis for learning to fit in at a Hyde Park mansion full of vamps loyal to Ethan “Lord o’ the Manor” Sullivan. Of course, as a tall, green-eyed,
four-hundred-year-old vampire, he has centuries’ worth of charm, but unfortunately he expects my gratitude—and servitude. Right…

But someone’s out to get me. Is it the rogue vampire who bit me? A vamp from a rival House? An angry mob bearing torches?

My initiation into Chicago’s nightlife may be the first skirmish in a war—and there will be blood.


I own first two books in German, got them for like 2 euros so decided why not. Besides a sister of my bf loves this series. And well vampires...I love books about vampires such as The Vampire Chronicles, True Blood and even silly Morganville vampires. I wanted something light and fun.


THE WORLD: The story is set in nowadays Chicago except the vampires just came out. Pretty much same as in True Blood. The vampires are divided into houses which are ran by leaders and they have all the politics with humans and blah blah...okay so exactly like True Blood. Considering Dead Until Down came out in 2001 and Some Girl Bite in 2009...well you are free to make conclusions.

CHARACTERS: Now I have a really hard time with the names in this book. So the main character is Merit, an English lit grad student who was attacked by the vampire and then turned into one by Ethan, the leader of Cadogan House. Therefore, Merit is like a property of Cadogan House. Now that we got the politics out of the way let me just tell you, I hate Merit. She is 27 years old girl of rich parents who wants to show the world she is all strong and can live on her own. Her dream is to become a college professor. Well this is a ridiculous character. First of all, she acts like she is 12. Now her roommate refers to the fact that Merit is really smart as in look she is a grad student it means she is a genius. In reality Merit's head is as empty as my tea cup I drained ten minutes ago. I mean seriously! She is supposed to be a nerd right so how come she is as trashy as Snooky (spelling???) from those trashy TV shows? Now as if Merit is not enough we have also her roommate Mallory, a supposedly also 27-28 years old newbie witchy who has a grand job at ad company and is all dead gorgeous. Well the moment the bad ass Scorsese who was kicked out of academy shows up Mallory's brain melts.

So now to prove I am not over-reacting, take two so called highly educated women with perfect jobs and their own place aka independent and what are their conversations? You must meet a hot ass dude, oh he is so good in bed, sex sex sex. Trashy trashy trashy.
 
I would put things as normally under minus but there are just too many. First of all, how so a mousy nobody gets to be a superhero bad ass loved by the highest ranking males?

There is way too much Sixty Shades of Grey in this book!

I could go on and on how much I hate this book! The image of vampires is terrible, the characters are terrible, the world is copycat from Charlaine Harris and the plot itself? Predictable to tiny bits. Worst book I have read in 2014 for sure.

I am sorry if you like this book, I truly am, it is just my opinion but this book should have not been published ever!

Soooooo mad for wasting my time!


What do you guys think about SOME GIRLS BITE?