01 March, 2018

REVIEW: LORD OF MISRULE by Rachel Caine


Title: Lorn of Misrule
Author:  Rachel Caine
Series: The Morganville Vampires #5
Genres: Paranormal, YA, Vampires
Publisher: New American Library
Release: 2009
Source: Paperback/Audiobook
Pages: 246

// Goodreads // BookDepository // Amazon //

BLURB:
In the college town of Morganville, vampires and humans coexist in (relatively) bloodless harmony. Then comes Bishop, the master vampire who threatens to abolish all order, revive the forces of the evil dead, and let chaos rule. But Bishop isn't the only threat.

Violent black cyclone clouds hover, promising a storm of devastating proportions as student Claire Danvers and her friends prepare to defend Morganville against elements both natural and unnatural.

EXPECTATIONS: I have read previous 4 books in the series and consider it my little guilty pleasure.

THE WORLD: Just like in previous books we are in Morganville that consists of humans as well as vampires. Actually Morganville was created as safe heaven for vampires and humans just managed to settle down there. To survive human would get protection of one or another vampire and in return they would be paying sorta a fee to that vampire. However, ever since Bishop, one of oldest vampires, decided to take over the town it is all chaos. Also vampires are dying from a disease that makes them go crazy and unable to create new vampires. 

CHARACTERS: Main characters in this series are Claire, Michael, Shane and Eve. They are four kids living in one of founder houses and always are in the center of what is happening. I must say I love them all dearly but Michael has been getting on my nerves lately. He is this a bit too much of a protector kind and I wish he was more of his old self. Additionally we have many more vampires that also play a big role in the story but I think I will mention only a few. The main town vampire is Amelia and she is also an owner of Claire in a way. I love how cold she is but at the same time she still cares for the town and for Claire and her friends. Myrnin however, who was one of my favs up till now really threw me off guard, his wickedness was brilliant in this one. 

ROMANCE: We have two main couples: Claire and Shane and Eve and Michael. And boy oh boy Claire and Shane get cozy in this one :D 

GOOD: I always loved how disastrous and fun to read these books are. You just fly through the story because of so much action and such cute characters.

BAD: Nothing really that I can think of. I mean this series is not like one bad thing per book, it's a continuation so you really have to remember where last book left of. 

OVERALL: Still loving my little guilty pleasure books and will be continuing with the series. 

What do you think about LORD OF MISRULE?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment