13 May, 2017

Saturday Tag



Welcome dear readers, to yet another Saturday Tag, where the fun never stops!

Today I am joined by  Laura and together we will complete this fun tag:

WOMEN WRITERS TAG

  
In this Tag, we will tell you our favorite female writers who inspired us, shocked us - basically made their mark on us.

Because, there are so many male writers who are simply wonderful and their books change millions, but there a very few female writers who get the same recognition as they do.

So please bare with us, while we introduce you to the ladies that made us the way we are!

Who run the world? Girls!
 (okay equality is crucial, but for drama purposes let me have this :D )


Martyna's Ladies


1. My favorite female writer(s)



Jane Austen and Diana Gabaldon.I really like these ladies! I mean, there are so many wonderful women writers but any book by Austen and the wonderful Outlander is always a good book grab for me.

2. Book written by a woman that made you rethink you perspective/views


Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird. I audiobooked this one few months ago and I absolutely loved it. I liked the simple language, the characters, the message it brought. Beloved by Toni Morrison, also a book that stayed with me until this day. It shook me, it shaped me it made me never judge anyone by the color of their skin!


3. Gothic novel written a female author



Interview with an Vampire or The Yellow Wallpaper. Now I haven't finished all of the Vampire Interview, but from what I have read so far I do understand why Anne Rice is called the Gothic Queen. The book is amazing. The Yellow Wallpaper is a different story, but still I found it impossible to put away and I absolutely loved the horror aspect of it.

4. Detective book written a female author


Any book written by Agatha Cristie. I love love love them all!


5. Poetry written by a female author


Poems by Emily Dickenson, are so personal, so close to my heart that I have couple of them printed and put on my vision board!

6. I would always recommend this female written book to another woman



Between Shades of Gray, by Ruta Sepetys, or Death by Landscape by Margaret Atwood. I believe these two books would make a wonderful read. They are different, but speak about the same thing. Survival and never giving up!

7. Book written by a female author I recently discovered


The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood. Ms. Atwood, is slowly day after day becoming one of the my favorite writers. This book simply took my speech ability away and I couldn't believe that this wonderful woman wrote it. It become on of my top books!



Laura's Ladies



1. My favorite female writer(s)


V. E. Schwab. As of right now it's probably Victoria because there is no book of hers that I didn't like so far. I'm shook.

2. Book written by a woman that made you rethink you perspective/views


J. K. Rowling. How could I not mention HP? It's not like she made me change my views per se but HP was a huge help growing up... it has some deeps topics hidden and I unconsciously picked them up as a teenager. HP was my therapy.

3. Gothic novel written a female author


I don't really read those... I can only think of Frankestein by Mary Shelley because the others I've read were written by men but this one is a classical. Who doesn't know Frankestein?
(Psst, Frankestein was the crazy creator, not the monster)

4. Detective book written a female author


Agatha Christie. I admit I haven't read that many books from Agatha but my favorite of hers is And Then There Were None. I love that book.

5. Poetry written by a female author

Sorry, I don't really read poetry.

6. I would always recommend this female written book to another woman


Six of Crows duology by Leigh Bardugo. I love this duology, so many adventures! no love triangles or other cliches! good representation! Definitely recommended.

7. Book written by a female author I recently discovered


All for the Game trilogy by Nora Sakavic. I discovered this trilogy last year and I actually liked it a lot. I gave all books 4 stars because overall all books are pretty solid. There was just a minor thing I didn't like at first but nothing that took away from the books.





We hope you enjoyed the tag as much as we did  while doing it. Let us know what is your female authors!