18 March, 2017

Saturday Tag



Welcome dear readers, to yet another Saturday Tag, where the fun never stops!

Today Laura and I will complete this fun tag:

HORROR BOOK TAG

   
This tag originally created by Princess @RoyalReader go and check her answers!




Martyna Horror Books


A book you would save when civilization ends?


Les Miserables by Victor Hugo! I think the moment the civilization destroyers would read this book they would stop! This book is a combination of how humanity should exist to be successful!


A book you would stake through the heart? (in whatever sense)


I do apologize to anyone who loved this book, but I think I pulled an eye muscle from the all the eye rolling I did when I was reading it. I just couldn't handle all the cliches, the over the top teenage drama.


A book that still haunts you?


You have to read it to understand. It just hit close to home and I still can remember every line from passages I spent crying over.

A book with a twist you did not see coming?


I love horror genre and this book was good but the ending....I...I was shocked and just in denial :D

A book that seems innocent but isn’t?


You think this book is about a young boy named Arthur but trust me. IT. IS. SO. MUCH. MORE!

A book you could barely tackle/defeat? (in whatever sense)


I audiobooked this one and once again the eye muscle was pulled. Again I am so sorry if you like this book, we are all different, we are all allowed to like or dislike certain books. I was just really expecting a lot and I got nothing out of it.

A book with mixed genres that worked (or didn’t)?


Historical fiction meats time traveling? So you need anything more?


A book you found super cliched/stereotypical?


I stand by my opinion as in the review, I do not recommend this book to anyone who wants to come out, is thinking about it or is having a hard time figure out who they are. This book will piss you off and make you so mad! Apart from being over the top it teaches you nothing.

A book so gripping you needed an exorcist to escape it?


I also audiobooked it, and I literally couldn't work. I just sat still for hours and listened. Sorry boss!

A precious book you would permanently sacrifice to aliens for the good of mankind?


Lithuanian fairy tales are actually pretty scary! So I cannot wait until I can introduce them to you in Monday Travels!         





Laura Horror Books


A book you would save when civilization ends?


To be honest if I could only choose a book it would be a standalone because a series without all books is just useless... but I'm going to be smart, I would take my Kindle xD ALL BOOKS IN ONE!
If that's not allowed then I would pick The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater.


A book you would stake through the heart? (in whatever sense)


I agree with Martyna, Looking for Alaska was not good but I think I would choose SJM's books or maybe The Catcher in the Rye? I hate that book too. Ugh, I can't choose!


A book that still haunts you?


This will probably sound very cliché but I'm still not over The Fault in Our Stars. That book broke me I swear... I read it once and I haven't re-read it again because I can't bring myself to do it. I know it's going to wreck me so I just can't read it again even though I want to.


A book with a twist you did not see coming?


This is originally a Spanish book called El Brillo de las Luciérnagas but it was translated to English recently so if you haven't read it yet, DO IT! It could be triggering though, it deals with a tough topic so be aware of that. Anyway, the twist! I was not expecting it to be that... I was just... wow.


A book that seems innocent but isn’t?


I had a though time thinking about this one... but I think a good example would be The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. I did not like the book because the child narrative was just plain boring for me but the topic itself is very serious.


A book you could barely tackle/defeat? (in whatever sense)


Every book I have ever DNFed. You know what I would answer in this one but I'm going to change just for the sake of your sanity and flow so recently hmm maybe The Diviners? I just couldn't get into it. People say it's a great book but I just can't make it pass the first 25%.


A book with mixed genres that worked (or didn’t)?


The Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin. I really like that suspense + science fiction + paranormal combo. I'm still waiting for my answers though! Not everything was resolved and it makes me nervous.


A book you found super cliched/stereotypical?


Shatter Me and Hush, Hush. I'm not even sorry for these ones. I ain't reading more of those series like ever. Those books are just not for me. Keep them.


A book so gripping you needed an exorcist to escape it?


I like Martyna's choice in this one as well. I choose... The Stonecutter by Camilla Läckberg because my heart was in pain the whole time and people are crazy. That's why.


A precious book you would permanently sacrifice to aliens for the good of mankind?


Mankind doesn't deserve such sacrifice. We're trash. Ugh... one of the most precious books I have is Matilda by Roald Dahl because my family got it for me for my first communion and it has their messages and signatures so I guess if I really, REALLY, had to it would have to be that one.



We hope you enjoyed the tag as much as we did  while doing it. Let us know what is your horror books!