05 January, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Resolutions We Have For 2016


A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is

Top Ten Resolutions We Have For 2016 aka Top Ten Books I Must Finally Read This Year

HannahCassie's Top Ten 

I am one of these people who cry all the time how many books they need to read and how little time they have! So now I will make a list of books that I have been meaning to read for ages and must finally do it in 2016!

  • The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa
I own first two books for crying out loud! I need to read this series ASAP!
 
  • Falling Kingdoms Series by Morgan Rhodes
Again, own the first book, know very well I will love it but have not got around it yet. No time, right?
 
  • The Heart of Betrayal by Mary E. Pearson
Read the first book and it was alright, wanna see where it goes next but once again own the book and have not read it so far. I am a terrible person!

  • Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Loved Anna and the French Kiss to the bits, own this one for months. I know I will read it in like two sittings but you know me...have to actually pick it up finally.
 
  • Night World Series by L. J. Smith
Own nine books and have read only the first! But no, instead of reading it me just goes on and buys new books! Shame! Shame on you HannahCassie!

  • The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
You are officially allowed to throw rocks at me. I love Sarah J. Maas and I love Throne of Glass and you know what? I have ordered this book but then cancelled it simply because I am scared I won't like it. I hate Sam. But I need to stop being a chicken and go and read it! It is Sarah J. Maas come on, it cannot disappoint!
 
  • The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
Own it. I know I will love it. Have I read it? Nope. Why? No idea. 

  • The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
Own the first book. Read 10 pages. Never picked it up again. Why? No idea. I loved it tho. I am seriously weird.
 
  • Lux Series by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Own first two books. Again read like 20 pages. Loved it. Never picked it up again. Wow. 

  • Midnight Crossroad by Charlaine Harris
Got an ebook ARC. Was jumping around all day. Never read it. Got a physical copy. Was carrying with me and showing everybody the book. Put on the shelf. Never picked it up. I have a problem.

 
Laura's Top Ten

Top Tuesdays are difficult! So many books and authors to choose from!

  • Dream of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor
I read the first two and the first one I loved so why haven't I picked up this book yet?

  • Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
    I read Cornelia's books as a pre-teen and I must admit I don't remember that much of them but I know I enjoyed them so I better finish the trilogy!

  • Angelopolis by Danielle Trussoni
Angelology, a book about angels! Oh but they're not good, they're evil hehe that's the best part. I'm curious about the second book!

  • The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman
I know I know! How is it possible that I haven't read the last book of His Dark Materials trilogy when these books are part of my childhood?

  • The Darkest Minds Trilogy by Alexandra Bracken
Such amazing reviews and I still haven't read them. Shame on me.

  • Life in Motion: An Unlikely Ballerina by Misty Copeland
It is not a good year unless I read at least one ballet related book. Brain: you gotta.

  • The Body Finder Series by Kimberly Derting
Aaarggghhh they were also part of the Series Enders but I haven't read them yet because this year a lot of amazing books were released and next year a lot of freaking amazing books will be released... how will I manage?

  • The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
Technically I already knew her because I read her Legend trilogy but her new book, The Young Elites, was as good as it promised to be! I have The Rose Society on my January reads and I am super hyped!

  • The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Heard it is great! Has anyone read it already?

  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
I know I must read it. I know... I will someday next year.