22 December, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree


A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is

Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year

HannahCassie's Top Ten 

Oh boy oh boy! Can I pick series too? Oh whatever I am gonna add series also! Weeee! This is so much fun, I only hope Santa checks our blog regularly. You better Santa, you better!

  • Illuminae by Amie Kaufman
I keep looking at this book on thalia.de and keep putting it in my shopping basket and then taking it out. I know everybody says it is amazing book but I am still doubtful for some reason to buy a hardcover. But I still want it!
 
  • Mara Dyer Series by Michelle Hodkin
I am loving the hardcovers of this series but they are so incredibly and unusually expensive! And I just do not want to have paperbacks! Please Santa, please!
 
  • Falling Kingdoms Series by Morgan Rhodes
I own the first book and yes I have not read it yet. But I will, I wanna it is just a problem with time! But I want to own the rest of the series so much!

  • Harry Potter and Sorcerer's Stone Illustrated Edition
My number one on wishlist and absolutely happening! I am so getting this book on Christmas!
 
  • The Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine
I am currently waiting for book 5 and 6 to arrive. Guilty pleasure what can I say. I just want them all on my shelf!

  • The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski
Another series, I haven't read any of it but would love to own it and of course read it! Been looking at it in the bookshop for ages, no idea why haven't bought yet.
 
  • The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare
I love Magnus, he is my favorite character of TMI and TID! And I had this book in my hands a few times and it is so cool, need to get it asap.
 
  • The 5th Wave Series by Rick Yancey
I have read the 5th Wave and Infinite Sea but they both were from the library, so yeah I do not own them. And I need to own them, I must! I want all series on my shelf so I could pick them up everywhere I want!

  • An Amber in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Nope haven't read it yet, nope do not own it. Why? Because I want a paperback and it is not out yet! Hrr. This is really a test of my patience. I have almost bought a hardcover like million times!
 
  • The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare
I am not a huge fan of these books, I admit it. But I loved the last book and I have been reading them for so long! And I also absolutely love the old covers, so I just want them on my shelf really really bad.
 
 
Laura's Top Ten

Ho ho ho! There are so many books I want! I hope I get enough money to buy them all to be honest... or someone (ahem mom, dad) decides to buy them for me :D

  • The Selection Series by Kiera Cass
Yes, all five of them (including The Crown which is not out yet but oh well). I know it's a lot of money but come on... you can look at it as just a box set and count it as one big book.

  • Harry Potter Illustrated Edition by J. K. Rowling and Jim Kay
    IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN! THIS IS A GORGEOUS (super expensive) BOOK! My favorite series accompanied by beautiful illustrations? Sign me up!

  • Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
I loved the first one and I own it as well. Those covers *melts*... I need this one too!

  • I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai
Malala is truly an inspiration. I haven't read her book yet because I am waiting to get my hands in the most recent and complete version in Spanish but I can't find it, darn.

  • The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater
All books again. I've read the first two and I will be reading the third before the last one comes out. I do not own them though and I want them all! (once the last one is published)

  • Silber Trilogy by Kerstin Gier
I loved her Precious Stone Trilogy and I also loved the first book of Silber Trilogy. I own them all. I believe the other two books of Silber are out now so I need to get my hands on them!

  • Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
I haven't read it yet so I have no idea if I will like it but it has amazing reviews. I wouldn't mind Santa bringing it!

  • Magonia by Maria Dahvana Headley
I have heard very mixed opinions about this one but have you seen the cover? I'm a cover sucker and this one is beautiful! I want it!

  • The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller
A Tumblr-popular book! People told me they cried like babies so I assume it must be good. Santa give it to me! Besides it is a historical book, I would learn something useful.

  • Illuminae by Amie Kaufman
I have also read a lot of good reviews about this one so why not? The perfect book to complete my list with!

EXTRA:

  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
I am scared of buying this one because I've heard mixed reviews and I'm afraid I won't like it as much as Grisha ones :( what do you guys think? Should it be included on the list or not?