13 July, 2015

REVIEW: SHATTER ME by Tahereh Mafi


Title: Shatter Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me #1
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Science Fiction
Publisher: HarperCollins Publishers
Source: Physical copy
Pages: 338

Add to GoodReads // Buy on BookDepository

SYNOPSIS:  Juliette hasn’t touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette’s touch is fatal. As long as she doesn’t hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don’t fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war – and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she’s exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.


Everybody has read this book. I mean everybody. It is so super hyped and massively loved that I was just incredibly happy to have it in my hands. And also, have you seen the cover? I mean, have you seen the cover?!!!



THE WORLD: The world in this book is just what I love the most - post apocalyptic. The people have run out of resources, ozone layer almost destroyed and so on. The Reestablisment announced they can fix what is wrong with the world and society. In reality, the Reestablishment is military in control who wants everybody to be under their command. So now, the world is at war. The Reestablishment vs Resistance. Actually, it reminds me so much of The Host by Stephanie Mayer, of course aliens equal The Reestablishment.
CHARACTERS: Juliette is the main character in the book (very pretty name!). She is locked in the psycho ward without an end. Why she is locked there? Nope, she is not insane, she has a special power to kill and torture with her touch. The accident happened and you know how it goes in the world ruled by people who are scared of what they cannot understand. So yes, they locked Juliette up so they do not have to deal with her special ability. Adam, on the other hand is very very good solder. Or that is how the author described him. I personally do not like Adam. I can see that author wants him to make as appealing and lovable as possible but I do not buy it. I have a feeling about him, not a good feeling. Next, there is Warner - a true psychopath. He is the leader of the Reestablishment block we get to know in the book. And he is so amazingly evil. I love him, I just do. He is written perfectly.

LOVE: Since about tenth page of the book Adam loved Juliette and Juliette loves Adam. Now, Warner in his twisted way loves also Juliette. Does Juliette love Warner? Well...that it a good question.

PLUS: The covers of the books are absolutely amazing! The world is also amazing! But you know what is just ASBRBSJKDHSB? The powers thing, it is like X-men but 2.0! I love it, I just cannot wait for next book!

MINUS: The beginning was a little bit slow for me. It took me awhile to get into the book. But it's about the only minus I could ever think of when it comes to Shatter Me.

OVERALL: so overall...OMG! If you have not read this book why are you still sitting there? Go read this book! Go! Now!


What do you guys think about SHATTER ME?





8 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you loved this one! I read this one back when it came out and it was so great. I've yet to continue on with the rest of the series though.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I cannot imagine how you survived not reading the rest of the series...the cliffhanger is so..I cannot wait to read all the series!

      Delete
  2. Yes! Another Shatter Me fan! I absolutely loved this book, and the writing and world is fantastic. Juliette is amazing, isn't she? Can't wait for you to read the next two books! :)

    ~Erika @ Books, Stars, Writing. And Everything In Between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she truly is, I just love her so much! Mafi really knows how to create awesome main character!

      Delete
  3. I'm a HUGE Shatter Me fan. Tahereh Mafi really has a way with words. She created such a magnificent world with such strong characters. Just brace yourself for what's coming in the next two books!

    Sophie @ Seamless Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg! I am so so excited, now that the thing came out by the end of this book it is going to be just mind blowing! I just cannot wait!

      Delete
  4. The strikethrough thing put me off a little at first, but then I really grew to love thus trilogy. Its amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! For me it also grew so much, I cannot wait to get my hand on book two!

      Delete