06 July, 2015

Clary Fray: Lily or Katherine?






Mortal Instruments movie was terrible. Will Shadowhunters TV Show is going to be better? We can only wait and see. But today I want to talk about main issue I have with this upcoming TV Show that Twitter is drowning in.

Do you guys think the cast of Shadowhunters can really pull it off? Especially the role of Clary Fray? So today I am asking you guys, what do you think about Clary Fray and two actors who portrayed/portraying her so far?



Clary Fray as Lily Collins


Clary Fray as Katherine McNamara


What do I think? Well I have to admit, I don't like Lily Collins in general but she has always been a perfect Clary for me. When I was reading the books I just cannot imagine anybody more perfect than Lily for it. It is like Cassandra Clare wrote the books imagining Lily as Clary. It does not mean I hate Katherine. I DO NOT! However, despite how many pictures I see of her as Clary on Twitter is just not it for me. She is just not Clary. At least not in my eyes.


What do you guys think about actors playing Clary? 
Who would be best Clary for you ever?


4 comments:

  1. Totally agree! Lily Collins has been Clary Fray for fans all over for many many years, and I was beyond the moon when she was cast to play Clary in the movie, however as you did mention it the movie was indeed not that good. And I think the main reason for that was the rest of the cast. The only two characters that were cast well were Clary and Simon. The TV show I believe has a better cast. Jace for example. TV show Jace is WAYYYY more Jace than the Jamie Campbell Bower was. I am very interested in how the show will look like and maybe I'll get used to Katherine as Clary. But I have to agree with you. To me Clary will always always be Lily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not really care about Clary till last two books in the series but I can totally see why people always saw Lily as perfect Clary! She truly is Clary! As for Jace, I personally don't like him as a character but we will see. I guess they will do with Shadowhunters same as they did with the Vampire Diaries, tho I do not know if I am very happy having the story changed much...I mean the fight against Valentine was for me boring but I loved Sebastian and as I said last two books were just great! :)

      Delete
  2. I agree. I prefer Lily as Clary better than Kath. I don't hate her or anything either but I have never seen her acting and I'm a bit scared because she may screw it up! I will give her a chance though because I guess she was chosen for a reason. BTW I love Alec, Jace, Isabelle and Magnus in the Shadowhunters TV! They are on point ^^ (and also let's talk about how hot Hodge is in the TV series... I mean daaaarrrnnnnn)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe! I don't hate Kath either, I am giving her a chance. The funny thing is, I somehow really don't care about the rest, Magnus for me is terrible and that says it all :D

      Delete