04 June, 2015

REVIEW: INFINITE SEA by Rick Yancey

Title: Infinite Sea
Author: Rick Yancey
Series: The Fifth Wave #2
Genres: YA, Science Fiction, Alien
Publisher: Penguin Books Ltd
Source: Physical copy
Pages: 320

Add to GoodReads // Buy on BookDepository

SYNOPSIS: How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal: the extermination of the human race.

Cassie and her friends haven’t seen the depths to which the Others will sink, nor have the Others seen the heights to which humanity will rise, in the ultimate battle between life and death, hope and despair, love and hate.


You guys know how much I loved the first book. I was so so in love so really can you be surprised that I got on the next book in the series straight away?

My only cry here is why oh why nobody told me ???

THE WORLD: It is partially a dystopian world. The reason I say partially is because it is really the world exactly like ours just with some aliens invading it. It is in between that pre-apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic phase. You know how the zombie movies usually start? With the views of abandoned dirty cities and highways fool of abandoned cars? Well that is exactly the type of world we see in this book minus the zombies. And I really love this type of the world! It is maybe my favorite, I know the creep once again.

CHARACTERS: In this book we actually get only a few chapters on Cassie. We get one (I think) chapter on Evan and then....the rest of the book is about Ringer! I am sorry guys but I have to say from the beginning, I hate Ringer since book one. She is annoying and arrogant and if it was not enough she is also whiny and just absolutely illogical. When she got with Razor I was like whaaaaat? It was so BS!

LOVE: In book one the love between Cassie and Evan was nice and did not bother me at all. Now in this one the Ringer and Razor...I just hated it. No sense. None at all!

MINUS: Ringer Ringer Ringer! Why would the author write almost entire book about her? She is so annoying and just plain boring. And the Teacup...what was that ??? I want Cassie back! Plus Sam from really cute kid turned into really annoying whiny little brat which I just want to shake really hard. I read this book fast but I think I did it because I just wanted to get rid of Ringer ruining my life.

MINUS 2: The book number one was divided into many many chapters which showed POV of different characters which I think really worked for this kind of book. Now in book two it just one big chapter about Ringer and few pages of minimal number of others.

MINUS 3: Why did I have to read about super unimportant Grace?

MINUS 4: The twist starts to unravel and I hate where it is going. If it is really what I think it is this series from book one making it my loved one will end up being the series I really hate. It was amazing idea which went really really wrong.

OVERALL: Why oh why Rick Yancey did you ruin this series this much? Why???? I am pissed, really really pissed!

Note on rating: I would give it 2 starts but for the sake of first book I am giving 3 stars.





What did you guys think about THE INFINITE SEA?