04 June, 2018

MONDAY TRAVELS: NOW by Audre Lorde



Happy Monday friends! Welcome to another edition of Monday Travels

So today we are in AMERICA and we will explore:

NOW

Let's get to know Audre Lorde:
Audre Lorde (born Audrey Geraldine Lorde; February 18, 1934 – November 17, 1992) was an American writer, feminist, womanist, librarian, and civil rights activist. As a poet, she is best known for technical mastery and emotional expression, as well as her poems that express anger and outrage at civil and social injustices she observed throughout her life. Her poems and prose largely deal with issues related to civil rights, feminism, and the exploration of black female identity.



Poem:

Woman power
is
Black power
is
Human power
is
always feeling
my heart beats
as my eyes open
as my hands move
as my mouth speaks

I am
are you

Ready.



Thoughts:

Another strong poem, by a strong woman! We are ready sisters! 

I am
are you!

We must keep the legacy going and spread the word!

See you next Monday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment