30 April, 2018

MONDAY TRAVELS: I DO NOT LOVE YOU EXCEPT BECAUSE I LOVE YOU by Pablo Neruda



Happy Monday friends! Welcome to another edition of Monday Travels

So today we are in Chile and we will explore:

I DO NOT LOVE YOU EXCEPT BECAUSE I LOVE YOU


Let's get to know Pablo Neruda:
Pablo Neruda  (born Ricardo Eliécer Neftalí Reyes Basoalto, July 12, 1904 – September 23, 1973) was a poet and a diplomat. Neruda became known as a poet when he was 10 years old. He wrote in a variety of styles, including surrealist poems, historical epics, overtly political manifestos, a prose autobiography, and passionate love poems. During his lifetime, Neruda occupied many diplomatic positions and served a term as a Senator for the Chilean Communist Party. He later went into exile with his wife as the president threatened to arrest him. In his lifetime he received Nobel Prizes for both Peace and Literature.



Poem:


I do not love you except because I love you;
I go from loving to not loving you,
From waiting to not waiting for you
My heart moves from cold to fire.

I love you only because it's you the one I love;
I hate you deeply, and hating you
Bend to you, and the measure of my changing love for you
Is that I do not see you but love you blindly.

Maybe January light will consume
My heart with its cruel
Ray, stealing my key to true calm.

In this part of the story I am the one who
Dies, the only one, and I will die of love because I love you,
Because I love you, Love, in fire and blood.

Thoughts:

I know I shared a Neruda poem more than twice in Monday Travels, but today is one of the days, when I just need his words, his attitude, his sadness and hope. 

Today, I need to live in a Pablo Neruda poem.

Today I live in this one.

See you next Monday!


0 comments:

Post a Comment