04 July, 2017

REVIEW: A MILLION WORLDS WITH YOU by Claudia Gray

SPOILERS OF PREVIOUS BOOKS

Title: A Million Worlds With You
Author: Claudia Gray
Series: Firebird #3
Genres: YA, Science Fiction
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release: November 1st, 2016
Source: Kindle Edition
Pages: 336

Goodreads // BookDepository // Amazon // 

BLURB: A million universes. A million dangers. One destiny.

The fate of the multiverse rests in Marguerite Caine’s hands. Marguerite has been at the center of a cross-dimensional feud since she first traveled to another universe using her parents’ invention, the Firebird. Only now has she learned the true plans of the evil Triad Corporation—and that those plans could spell doom for dozens or hundreds of universes, each facing total annihilation.

Paul Markov has always been at Marguerite’s side, but Triad’s last attack has left him a changed man—angry and shadowed by tragedy. He struggles to overcome the damage done to him, but despite Marguerite’s efforts to help, Paul may never be the same again.

So it’s up to Marguerite alone to stop the destruction of the multiverse. Billions of lives are at stake. The risks have never been higher. And Triad has unleashed its ultimate weapon: another dimension’s Marguerite—wicked, psychologically twisted, and always one step ahead.

In the conclusion to Claudia Gray’s Firebird trilogy, fate and family will be questioned, loves will be won and lost, and the multiverse will be forever changed. It’s a battle of the Marguerites…and only one can win.

EXPECTATIONS: Everyone knows I loved the first book and I was a bit disappointed with the second one... thus, I decided to lower a bit my expectations (not too much) so that I would enjoy the third book. Psstt: I did enjoy it a lot.

THE WORLD: Well, this is the third book so we already know what the world is about right? The multiverses (the majority) are the same as in the previous books too.

CHARACTERS: We also know this part very well too. The protagonist is Marguerite alongside Paul and Theo. In this book Marguerite takes full protagonism, like I know in the previous books she did too but there was a lot involving Paul and Theo and I feel like in this book it was less about the romance than it was about Marguerite and saving the multiverses from the evil version of Wyatt Conley and "Wicked" (that's how Marguerite decided to call the evil version of herself). There is also a side character that got to appear more called Romola. I still don't really get her purpose other than screwing up our protagonist's plans on the last second but it was cool to see her to be honest.

ROMANCE: Love triangle resolved. I love those words... specially the word "resolved" because I hate hate hate triangles. Now we have happily ever after of Marguerite with Paul or Theo depending on the multiverses themselves.

GOOD: It went... so fast!? I read it quickly considering my exams and thesis but I just didn't want to stop reading. I had to force myself to stop reading. There's so much more action than in the other books, it's all about stopping Wicked and saving the multiverses and trying to be one step ahead always.

Also, we get a really good view of the multiverses we already know and love! We get updated on how everyone's doing in those multiverses and I loved that.

BAD: I don't have many bads. Maybe that I thought the villains were not very 3D, they felt flat and their reasons to be "evil" a bit questionable. Also, Romola had no character whatsoever but that's secondary.

OVERALL: 4.5-5 stars. I still don't think it's at the same 5-star level as the first book, I don't know the first book struck me, but it was better than the second book and I really enjoyed this one.



What do you think about A MILLION WORLDS WITH YOU?



0 comments:

Post a Comment