04 December, 2016

REVIEW: INFINITE by Jodi meadows

Title: Infinite
Author: Jodi Meadows
Series: Newsoul 3
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Romance
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Source: Library Physical copy
Pages: 418

// Add to GoodReads //

BLURB:
DESTRUCTION

The Year of Souls begins with an earthquake—an alarming rumble from deep within the earth—and it’s only the first of greater dangers to come. The Range caldera is preparing to erupt. Ana knows that as Soul Night approaches, everything near Heart will be at risk.

FLIGHT
Ana’s exile is frightening, but it may also be fortuitous, especially if she can convince her friends to flee Heart and Range with her. They’ll go north, seeking answers and allies to stop Janan’s ascension. And with any luck, the newsouls will be safe from harm’s reach.

CHOICE
The oldsouls might have forgotten the choice they made to give themselves limitless lifetimes, but Ana knows the true cost of reincarnation. What she doesn’t know is whether she’ll have the chance to finish this one sweet life with Sam, especially if she returns to Heart to stop Janan once and for all.

With gorgeous romance and thrilling action, the final book in the Incarnate trilogy offers a brilliant conclusion to the compelling questions of this fascinating world, where one new girl is the key to the lives of millions.

 
A series that I started and finished this year! I am so proud of myself for adding another beautiful story to my memory.


 
THE WORLD: I would say same as in the first book but extended a little bit. Before we always focused on Range and Heart which is the capital of Range. And Range is sorta a country I guess, it's a little bit hard to explain. Basically besides humans we have many other creatures such as Sylph, Dragons, Phoenixes, Centaurs, Trolls and so on. Range is the huge area where it is relatively safe for a human to travel as there are patrolling drones which make sure no treats are present. Heart on the other hand is like a kingdom heart, it is a big city covered by white walls that arise from the white temple standing in the middle of it. Because this city has been liven in by the same people for 5 thousand years they have advanced things such as drones and so on to do most of the work. Now why 5 thousand years? Well basically one million people have been reincarnating for the last five thousand years so you can imagine how many lives they had, and they don't lose their memory either. I must say I love this idea, sure for somebody who is five thousand years old you expect most people to be wise and not act childish but oh well. Besides that there are things like Soul Dedication nights where you are supposed to find your soul mate, jup they are very serious about souls. There are many beautiful things in this book, it is almost worth reading the series for such a beautiful world. Also in the third book we get to travel beyond Range and this is when we meet trolls, roc, centaurs and dragons! And are dragons here are not Game of Thrones dragons. These dragons are huge and they spit acid and are wild and just omg it was so amazing reading about them. Also Sylph,  now they are truly hard to explain. Basically they are like floating shadow that burns you. But I love them because of how they become in this book. Also all animals are very drawn to music, for example Sylph love to sing, dragons also loved music...somehow Jodi Meadows made this whole thing very magical.

CHARACTERS: So our main character here is a newsoul Ana. She was an only new soul for 18 years till Templedark when some of old souls died for good and instead new souls were born. I know it sounds complicated but really it is a third book and explaining everything would be rather spoilery I think. So yeah Ana. Frankly I don't know, I just didn't end up loving her. I mean she is not a bad character, not at all actually. It is just that Ana same as Sam for me were just there...I have no strong feelings towards them. Of Stef and Sarit for that matter. The one I did really love was Cris...ah at some point I was so hoping for Ana to find herself in love with him...but oh well. So yeah, to summarize it all Jodi Meadows does write really good characters but maybe they are just too good for me.

LOVE:  Ever since the first book I did not like the romance. I just didn't and up till the end it was just there. I didn't feel it.

PLUS: The world and the history and everything was finally explained! Also the Sylph and Dragons and just damn this world my dear readers, just damn!

MINUS: I am not really sure there is much of minus in this book. As I already mentioned I didn't feel connected to the characters and I did not love them except for Cris so maybe that would be a minus.

OVERALL:  I am amazed by this world and the whole idea of it. It was truly brilliantly done and really if you are not interested in characters themselves just read this book for the story and for the world! I guarantee you will love it to bits!


 


What did you think of INFINITE?