06 June, 2016

REVIEW: UNDER THE NEVER SKY by Veronica Rossi

Title: Under The Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Series: Under The Never Sky #1
Genres: YA, Dystopian, Romance
Publisher: Atom
Source: Audiobook
Pages: 374


// Add to GoodReads // BookDepository // Amazon //

BLURB:
WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.

DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.

 
One of these series everybody loves and I haven't read. 


 
THE WORLD: The world in this book is actually rather dystopian. As a matter of fact it in a way reminded me of the world they are showing in Allegiant movie, or as much as I have seen from the trailer. Basically people live these bunkers and have a virtual world where their whole life happens. I mean when you are locked in a small bunkers with hundreds of people you need a virtual world to survive. Outside of these bunkers are lands ran by outsiders who are pretty much looked at as wildlings from Game of Thrones. Also, outside of the bunkers there are electric storms which I am not sure I understand really well but yeah...you do not want to get into one.

CHARACTERS: Our may character is the teenager girl named Aria. She goes with her friends on an adventure to basically see the oasis outside the bunker and they meet there the outsider Perry who ends up saving Aria's life. The thing is, if you confide humans in small space without any excitement they start to go crazy and basically start killing each other for the excitement. Yeah, that is main philosophy of the book. Outsiders do not have this craziness because they obviously live in the wild so they are studied. Anyways, got off the trail here. Yeah Aria. Frankly I do not care for her at all. She can live she can die no feelings. I think I might be just tired of this stereotypical teenager protagonists in dytopian books. She was just really nothing special, met already many of them in other books. Next to Aria is Perry who saves her one again after she is dumped in the lands outside of bunkers basically because of corruption. He is described as strong and handsome and smart and all that...but all I could image was Drago from Game of Thrones :D Don't get me wrong I love Drago and Jason is super hot but in this book....it just did not fit. Especially when I could not help but see Aria from Pretty Little Liars as a main character of this book. I am weird I know :D Anyways, needless to say I did not like Perry. Once again his character was something I have seen before. In a way his character is rather Gail from Hunger Games. Wow, I am really finding a lot of comparison today.


LOVE: So of course Aria and Perry fall in love. Who is surprised? *deadly silence*. Yeah that was what I thought.

PLUS: I kinda did like the whole idea of the world up till I heard of these people with power. Especially when it came to the kid with electrical touch. My scientist brain was screaming *bullshit* :D You tell me really how the kid cannot touch anybody all his life but he survives in his mother's belly without killing her? Weird, so weird. I know I should not look for logic in dystopian books but still, threw me off completely.

MINUS: So yeah...the whole book for me was so incredibly boring. I guess I need to take a break from dystopian books.

OVERALL: I am not saying it is a bad book but I am also not saying it was exceptional. It was just not unique. And so I don't think I will continue with the series. 


 


What did you think of UNDER THE NEVER SKY?