25 April, 2016

REVIEW: THE RAVEN KING by Nora Sakavic

Title: The Raven King
Author: Nora Sakavic
Series: All for the Game #2
Genres: YA, Contemprary, Romance
Publisher: Smashwords Edition
Source: Kindle Edition
Pages: 286

Add to GoodReads // Buy on BookDepository

SYNOPSIS: The Foxes are a fractured mess, but their latest disaster might be the miracle they've always needed to come together as a team. The one person standing in their way is Andrew, and the only one who can break through his personal barriers is Neil.

Except Andrew doesn't give up anything for free and Neil is terrible at trusting anyone but himself. The two don't have much time to come to terms with their situation before outside forces start tearing them apart. Riko is intent on destroying Neil's fragile new life, and the Foxes have just become collateral damage.

Neil's days are numbered, but he's learning the hard way to go down fighting for what he believes in, and Neil believes in Andrew even if Andrew won't believe in himself.
Second book of this series. I quite enjoyed the first one, The Foxhole Court, thought I tell you everybody is mental. They're all nuts. Fun to read but the type I would avoid at all costs in real life.


THE WORLD: The story picks up right after The Foxhole Court events so nothing has changed. Well, yes something has changed because... one man down.

CHARACTERS: The characters are also the same. We have Neil, Kevin, Dan, Andrew, Aaron, Nicky, Matt, Renee, and Allison. Missing someone? Well that's because there is one person less than in the first book. I won't say why because that would be a spoiler so you'll have to read the book.
Neil decides to toughen up for the shake of Andrew who is still a psycho but now we can understand why... Kevin is still in his Exy world, Allison is hmm absent and she has literally 2 lines in this book, Aaron is just weird, and the rest are all good and nice. We are introduced to another character, Riko Moriyama who was Kevin's partner when they were on the Raven team, and you thought Andrew was psycho? Well, Riko is even worse. He should be dead, why is he not dead yet?

LOVE: There is no love at all though the hints are more than hints now and it's leading towards an LGBT couple! Refreshing. I guess everything will be resolved in the last book then.

PLUS: In this book we get to know more personal backgrounds from the characters, specially Neil and Andrew's, which I appreciate because their stories are so miserable I have a hard time believing something like that could happen (I know it happens in real life too but uuff). The story keeps entangling and disentangling itself, when one thing seems to be okay now... BANG YOU THOUGHT! Honestly it made the story difficult to believe but at the same time keeps you on the edge of your sit (the bed in my case). So exciting!

Also answers! Lots of answers about Neil such as his real name and hair color. I don't know why but it bothered me a lot to not how his real appearance. How could I picture him in my head then?

MINUS: My minus was only at the beginning because I still couldn't understand why Andrew can be such an arse. Turns out Nora tells you why in the second half of the book so I guess I can't call it a minus then, half-minus. The other half-minus is that Neil must have a death wish or something, the kid doesn't stop when he needs to. It's actually quite hilarious.

Oh wait the big minus is that I have read the phrase "I'm fine" or "It's fine" so many times I'm starting to get annoyed by it. There are more words in the dictionary Mr. Neil I'm fine Josten.

OVERALL: 4 stars. Doesn't suffer from "2nd book syndrome" which, in fact, is a big plus. Am I right? Now I'm moving on to the last book immediately!


What did you guys think about THE RAVEN KING?