26 December, 2015

SERIES SATURDAY: Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo


Series Saturday is a new meme created by us to introduce readers to new amazing series we love as well as just fangirl about them! 

So today's spotlight:

The Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo


I feel like this series gets a lot of hate lately, especially after Six of Crows came out and I agree that second and the third books are not really super awesome and yes I also do not like how the trilogy ended but he first book...oh boy oh boy how much I love the first book!

Shadow and Bone book blurb
 Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.

Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.

Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha . . . and the secrets of her heart.

Shadow and Bone is the first installment in Leigh Bardugo's Grisha Trilogy.

Laura and I actually read the whole trilogy only this year and both had pretty similar opinions. But also we both agree that the first book was the best. Mainly yes because of the Darkling...oh the feels you guys, the feels! I agree with probably most of you that yes Mal was a very big pain in the ass and it is beyond my understanding why Leigh Bardugo did what she did. I will never forgive her. I think the reason first book was so great was mainly because the Darkling was a very hot love interest for Alina. But for me what also was amazing was the world! I love the idea of Grishas! Magic is my thing for sure! And the politics in the series was also great. I mean I understand why some people did not like it that much but I will never understand why people hate it. And most of all, I just do not understand how people love Six of Crows so much and hate Grisha. Six of Crows for me was so impossibly boring, it was nothing really to do with Grisha and that what disappointed me the most really. I just am a huge fan of Grisha and most particularly of Shadow and Bone and cannot wait to reread it!

So let's give three whoop whoop hurray to the amazing Grisha series by Leigh Bardugo!

Our reviews:

What do you think about Grisha series? Have you read it? Fangirling time!!!