20 October, 2015

REVIEW: QUEEN OF SHADOWS by Sarah J. Maas


Title: Queen of Shadows
Author: Sarah J. Maas
Series: Throne of Glass #4
Genres: YA, Romance, Fantasy
Publisher: Bloomsbury U.S.A. Children's Books
Source: Physical copy
Pages: 656

Add to Goodreads // Buy on BookDepository

SYNOPSIS: The queen has returned.

Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she’s at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past…

She has embraced her identity as Aelin Galathynius, Queen of Terrasen. But before she can reclaim her throne, she must fight.

She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die for her. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen’s triumphant return.

The fourth volume in the New York Times bestselling series contrinues Celaena’s epic journey and builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world.


So I finished Heir of Fire and then got Six of Crows delivery but 100 pages in the book and I still could not stop thinking about Throne of Glass series so I took a break on Six of Crows and just picked that amazingly beautiful Queen of Shadows book from my shelf!





THE WORLD: Celeana is back in Adarlan, the city where the first Throne of Glass book was set. But opposite to the first book, this time we get to know the actual Rifthold! It is dirty and full of thieves but also in some way very interesting!

CHARACTERS: Aelin is no more Celeana! She is strong and she is the Queen! And she is smart and loyal as always, I really started to like her in Heir of Fire and my expectations were not crushed in this book as well. In the middle of the book Rowan comes into the picture again and my oh my some scenes...made me shiver! But that was really what I expected of this book, the legendary Aelin and Rowan. What did dissapoint me was Chaol, you know how I loved him before? Well that love must had been pushed out the window when I was not looking. Chaol is absolutely annoying in this book, you should pity him but then again you do not because of his stupid decisions! Annoying annoying annoying. We get also to know a new character - Lysandra! I have to admit, I love her, she is just so funny!

Now....so this might come as a shock to you but I still have not mentioned my as of now very much favorite character! No not Aelin or Rowan, not Chaol or Lysandra....and no it is not Dorian. My favorite character of Throne of Glass series is....wait for it...Manon Blackbeak! I love her so much! I mean the story in this book is awesome but every time the chapter of Manon came up I was holding my breath, I am even thinking of marking all Manon chapters in Heir of Fire and Queen of Shadows and re-reading them as one Manon story! Yes, I am that crazy about Manon! I am super excited to read how the story goes on in next Throne of Glass book for Aelin but I am even more excited to get new chapters on Manon!



LOVE: So Celeana and Dorian ship went down in Heir of Fire, now in Queen of Shadows the Celeana and Chaol ship followed the same path. But I have to admit...Celeana and Rowan...that just did not need almost any convincing. My only hope that this ship will stay for good!

PLUS: This book was so full of action, we got to know so much about Aelin and the story of her childhood...and so many secrets came out...I am breathless, my body is still shivering just thinking about this book even I finished it last night!

PLUS: The scene where Aelin met Manon...omg I was seriously not breathing during the whole chapter!

WISH please come true: So I was thinking...you know how something author like to write spin off books? Or just some novellas on the side. So Sarah J. Maas has written Assassin's Blade about Celeana right? Maybe....*please please please* one day she will write a novella or spin-off books on Manon?! I hope so so hope she will! 

LAST WORDS: MANON BLACKBEAK! MANON BLACKBEAK! MANON BLACKBEAK! 

What do you guys think about QUEEN OF SHADOWS?





Gif images credits to http://aly-naith.tumblr.com/