23 April, 2015

REVIEW: FEAST OF FOOLS by Rachel Cane

Title: Feast of Fools
Author: Rachel Cane
Series: Morganville vampires #4
Genres: YA, Fantasy, Paranormal
add to goodreads

SYNOPSIS: In the town of Morganville, vampires and humans live in relative peace. Student Claire Danvers has never been convinced, though, especially with the arrival of Mr. Bishop, an ancient, old-school vampire who cares nothing about harmony. What he wants from the town's living and its dead is unthinkably sinister. It's only at a formal ball, attended by vampires and their human dates, that Claire realizes the elaborately evil trap he's set for Morganville.



Now, I have read already three books of this series and very much enjoyed it. As far as it comes to vampire YA series it may be even one of my top 3 series that I enjoy most. So it was no surprise I dig into this one with great excitement.


As it it the fourth book of the series I surely already know the main gang: Claire, Eve, Shane and Michael and well how could I ever forget our ice lady Amelie and sneaky Oliver. So as most expected the author does not really waste much time introducing the characters or the town as much as it is common in series, which, in my opinion is great. I personally very much dislike hearing same background story of main characters in every book of the series and therefore, Rachel Cane here definitely rocks by skipping it!

TIC TAC TIC TAC, juuuup we again have a misfortune in this book where Claire has to dig her head out of the mortal trouble and save her friends. I know, it does not sound unique or anything out of ordinary, and you, my reader, are very right to think that. But that is I think the main point of this series, you do not get much of the NEW BOOM, the story is already so twisted and drowned into so many secrets it is just perfect! I do not want to spoil much of the story as some of you may have never read Morganville Vampires, but it is just something I can easily imagine little Claire getting herself into!

MINUS: I have to admit, up till now I loved all the gang. They were all special in there own way and worked just perfect together. But in this book, unfortunately, I was a little bit annoyed with Michael. His vulnerability if you can say so and just too much of "I must be good" was starting to get on my nerves. I really hope it is going to change in the next book!

PLUS: I love Claire. I love Eve. I love Amelie. And you know who I also realized to be in love with? Ta ta ta taaaa...Richard Morrell! Do not ask me why, I realize he is not even close to being a main character and he is a little bit of an asshole sometimes but I just love him. Yes yes yes, please give me more of Richard Morrell!

OVERALL: As you probably already guessed I am going to read the next and the next after that and so on book...what a surprise! But what you might not have seen coming (or most likely did) is me telling you to stop doing whatever you are doing and go jump into the world of Morganville! JUMP JUMP JUMP!!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment