20 August, 2018

MONDAY TRAVELS: EVERYTHING IS RENT by Jonathan Larson



Happy Monday friends! I hope you packed light and got some party clothes, cause this Monday we are one more embarking on a journey!

So today we are in America and we will explore:

EVERYTHING IS RENT




American writer Jonathan Larson: 
Jonathan David Larson (February 4, 1960 – January 25, 1996) was an American composer and playwright noted for exploring the social issues of multiculturalism, addiction, and homophobia in his work. Typical examples of his use of these themes are found in his works Rent and tick, tick... BOOM!
He received three posthumous Tony Awards and a posthumous Pulitzer Prize for Drama for the rock musical Rent.
Larson died unexpectedly the morning of Rent's first preview performance Off Broadway.




Song:





Thoughts:

I am musical lover, goer, doer. 

I think musical theater is amazing, and if I was talented enough I would be jamming to thousands of songs myself! So today, I present and share with you something very very special to me: my most favorite musical - RENT!

I know every song, ever line of this musical by heart, since I have a CD of this in my car and listen to this non-stop. Hannah knows this, for I have sang, danced and showed this to her multiple times!!!

This musical deals with so many issues that you can find yourself in this even if you think you don't have a problem. So listen, watch and I can only hope you will love it as much as I do!


See you next Monday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment