07 July, 2018

REVIEW: INHERITANCE by Christopher Paolini

Title: Inheritance
Author: Christopher Paolini
Series: The Inheritance Cycle #4
Genres: Fantasy, YA
Publisher: Alfred A. Knopf
Release: November 8th, 2011
Source: Hardcover
Pages: 816 (Spanish Edition)

// Goodreads // BookDepository // Amazon //

BLURB: It began with Eragon... It ends with Inheritance.

Not so very long ago, Eragon — Shadeslayer, Dragon Rider — was nothing more than a poor farm boy, and his dragon, Saphira, only a blue stone in the forest. Now the fate of an entire civilization rests on their shoulders.

Long months of training and battle have brought victories and hope, but they have also brought heartbreaking loss. And still, the real battle lies ahead: they must confront Galbatorix. When they do, they will have to be strong enough to defeat him. And if they cannot, no one can. There will be no second chance.

The Rider and his dragon have come further than anyone dared to hope. But can they topple the evil king and restore justice to Alagaësia? And if so, at what cost?

This is the spellbinding conclusion to Christopher Paolini's worldwide bestselling Inheritance cycle.

EXPECTATIONS: Last book of the series. It had to be amazing and it was.

THE WORLD: Same as is in the other books.

CHARACTERS: Also same as in the other books. I usually write their names again but I honestly don't feel like it because I'm feeling lazy and there are a lot of characters... refer to my review of Brisingr please.

ROMANCE: This is the book with most romance I guess but it's not a focus point.

GOOD: I really liked the pace of this book. It wasn't too fast nor too slow and you can see Paolini's writing improvement in that sense (mind that I read a translated version so it could be the translator improving and not the author). I liked the fact that we finally met Galbatorix, the real him, phew it was about time. I liked how Eva's situation was handled. And I liked how Eragon battled against Galbatorix because it wasn't the typical cliché way... it was unexpected but still epic.

BAD: After all these years... I'm not sure about the ending. It shocked me the first time and I came to peace with it but at the same time it's very open so there's a possibility it could be picked up again. Rumor has it Paolini is writing another Eragon book oh how I wish!

OVERALL: 5 stars and goes to favorites. Even though I was shocked by the end and not sure I like it or not, I think the book was great overall. If the rumor is true... Paolini should be writing another Alagaësia book right now wow I can't wait.


What do you think about INHERITANCE?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment