15 December, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY: Best Books I Read In 2015


A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is

Top Ten Best Books I Read In 2015

HannahCassie's Top Ten 

Okay so this is literary impossible. I mean how can you pick 10 books when most of the books I have read in 2015 are amazing? So hard, so incredibly hard! I will try to make some kind of a list, try...And in no particular order!

  • Partials by Dan Wells
This books guys, it blew my mind, the science in it is just so precise! And also the idea, damn damn damn I am loving it!
 
  • The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
I am one of these people who got to Mara Dyer only now :( But the first book, oh wow it is so dark and twisty! Read the whole thing in two sittings!
 
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
I have read all three books in Grisha Trilogy but first one is my absolutely favorite! I love Grisha world and this one also has a Alina-Darkling ship still alive...oh my this book, you guys!

  • Ignite Me by Tehereh Mafi
The book where all Warner lovers fantasies come true! I love this whole book to bits, definitely my favorite of the whole Shatter Me series! In your face, Adam!
 
  • Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas
Guys.....*breath breath* Manon! Rowan! Magic! Witches! This is so so good! Also, I got my current obsession in this book - Manon! Oh my heart is pounding!

  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I did not like a few things in this book, did not care much about romance also but the book itself made to my top ten most beloved books straight away! It is just this cute book you want to read again and again with hot chocolate and snow outside.
 
  • A Thousand Pieces of Me by Claudia Gray
I waited for this book so long! And I actually own a signed hardcover now. I love it, for me it is just perfect <3
 
  • The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
Blew my mind away! It was completely different to what I normally read and you know what? I loved it to the bits. Oh my, this book...

  • Cinder by Marissa Meyer
I have never read anything like it before I picked up Cinder, it was new and it was interesting and sum it up it was just awesome! Definitely my favorite book of The Lunar Chronicles, not that I do not love other ones, it is just that Cinder the THE first!
 
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
My first Sarah J. Maas book! Oh it was so different and so hot and just so unique for me! I did not know I love fairies up till this book, it was wow just wow! Go Sarah J. Maas! My goddess
 
Laura's Top Ten

Apart from all the ones mentioned above. In no particular order.

  • The Heir by Kiera Cass
A lot of people had trouble digesting Eadlyn but I thought she was amazing. I really liked her character and I could understand her point of view.

  • Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
    I said this a million times but... great debut novel! Seriously I loved everything about it :D

  • City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
This is one of the best series finales of this year! If not the best! It wrapped up everything nicely. Good job Cassie!

  • The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
I read the first two books last year and I really enjoyed them so I had to finish the series! this is another finale I really really liked.

  • The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
I don't know what else to say about this book... just read it please. There is a reason why it made the favorites list.

  • An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
This one was really good as well! The concept of the novel was very nice and original!

  • The Young Elites by Marie Lu
A dark main character! Not the typical heroes, they're all dark and troubled and I just loved it bwahaha

  • District Ballet Company by Katherine Locke
I cheated... this is a series instead of just a book but I couldn't choose between them... I gave 5 stars to all so I hope you understand my struggle.

  • Secbra by Beca Aberdeen
I am so glad I am able to read in Spanish as well... there aren't many originally Spanish books and is even rarer to find good ones. This is one of them!

  • Across the Universe by Beth Revis
I have to admit that at first I couldn't get into the book so I put it aside but when I picked it up again I liked it better! The plot twist was amazing.